This was it, the day Carrie’s Hen Do Crew were waiting for, Disney! I knew the day trip would be great fun (how could spending a day with Carrie, Kristabel, Dunya, Olivia and Reem not be)? But I was totally unprepared for the self-induced next-day jaw ache. Disneyland really is the happiest place on Earth (for me anyway) so prepare to bare those teeth and soak up the magic.
Being Bloggers, we spent the entire morning shooting down Main Street and in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and watching the Spring themed parade. This left the afternoon to wander around all the different lands (with time for shopping of course) and finishing up with a couple of hours at the second park – Walt Disney Studios.
First up, Discoveryland where we forced poor Liv to face her fear of rollercoasters and give Space Mountain a punt. This was a bad idea. No one will feel better about rollercoasters by riding Space Mountain. Hundreds of apologies later, we made it up to Liv by exploring Fantasyland and hopping on A Small World. We all came out singing *that* tune, not wanting to leave our little barge. That was more like it!
Adventureland was my favourite with Aladdin’s kingdom leaving me in awe of the incredible set design. If you’ve got any interest in design, Disneyland will have your jaw dropping with its brilliantly considered spaces and attention to detail.
After a bite to eat in the undergrowth of Pirate Galleon we crept into a silent ship and sailed through the land of the Pirates. The sudden drop in the lift of a haunted hotel in Walt Disney studios had us calling it quits and so we traipsed back to that pink castle to catch the 10pm evening extravaganza, Disney Forever – a new light show projection over the whole castle facade to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the park. Knowledge of Disney songs and buckets full of popcorn comes in useful here so you might want to brush up before you go!
Tips to see you through Disney
- We visited with fast track tickets meaning that we could go on the included rides much quicker. I’d highly recommend this ticket type as you’ll get to see and do so much more in your day!
- Can’t stand fake cheese sauce and sawdust sausages? Bring your own food, you’ll have more time for rides!
- Get your photos in front of the palace early in the day or wait until just after a performance to run in when everyone’s unawares.
- Leave the children’s rides until later in the day when the kids have gone, you’ll be able to jump on the rides much quicker.
- Bring layers for when it gets chilly in the evening or for when it rains.
- Download apps to see queue times and closed rides.
What I Wore to Disneyland Paris: