Time for Bed
We spend 1/3 of our day in bed yet it’s probably the aspect of our lives we invest the least in. If you love your sleep (all 9 hours of it) as much as me, listen up! When was the last time you got a new mattress, huh?
For me it was never. I lived with my parents up until 5 years ago, they dealt with all that kind of adult stuff. Then there was uni and dear god, lets not think of the state of the beds in the various houses I lived in. Now I’m in a shared house and the situation was pretty much the same. You pay your deposit, turn over the mattress and realise 5 other people before you must have done the same thing. eww.
You know when you get to the point where you don’t want to change the bed for fear of what’s probably growing underneath? Or when you can’t lie in certain positions because the dip in the bed breaks your back a bit? Yeah, it *might* be time for a new mattress. So that’s it, I’ve become a real adult, I own my own mattress… and boy it was the best idea ever.
Getting a new mattress:
Here are a few points to convince you you need one for yourself:
- The One (such a saucy name for a mattress) from Made.com was the one I went for, all super duper memory foam with a soft top which makes the bed so much more cloud like, and warm.
- I honestly have slept so much better in it since and can’t wait to get back in in the evenings. If you’re struggling with sleep, this might be the answer.
- Mine has a layer of breathable latex for heat control, snazzy.
- They come in 4 sizes. Go on, get the measuring tape out.
- Even without any bedding this mattress looks nice. Life’s too short to have boring bedding people.
- If, like me, you’re worried about the size of the thing arriving in your house, fear not – it’s all compressed in a small box! Unroll it, let it expand and boom!
- You’re meant to change your mattress around once every 8 years.
- You know what they say: New year, new… mattress? There’s no better time to make home improvements like this.
- It’s cold and the days are short, screw it, we’d rather be in a (new) bed!
Sure, getting a new mattress is pricey but so worth it. Take a look at The One I got and have a good night!
Big thanks to Made.com for helping me out with this project!